At times, most of us feel sluggish or crappy throughout the day. There can be several reasons behind it like poor sleep, work pressure, poor diet plan, dehydration, health problem, stress and so on. Feeling less energetic can have a huge impact on your personal as well as professional life.
If you’re feeling sluggish or crappy and need more effort to stay consistent and focused, it is time to take some action. There are many simple and easy tips that can make you energetic as well as improve your mood within a matter of few minutes.
Here are 14 tips for instant energy.
- Enjoy the sun: If you want to feel instantly energized, what you need to do is go out and enjoy some sunlight. Try to walk for 20 minutes facing the sun. This way you will get enough sunlight to feel energetic and your mood will also lift up.
- Look at something bright: Colors have a positive impact on your mood as well as energy level. Whenever you feel lethargic or need some instant energy, try to surround yourself with bright colors like green, red, blue, indigo and yellow.
- Take a short walk: Next time when you start feeling low or less energetic, take a brisk walk for half an hour. A simple walk in the open area can reduce the production of stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline by as much as 45 percent and leave you feeling upbeat for more than an hour afterwards.
- Get some exercise: Many simple exercises help you feel instantly alert and energized. Exercise will improve your blood circulation, making you feel awake and alert. Always take out half an hour time to exercise daily to enjoy stress and diseases free life.
- Listen to music: Starting and ending the day with some soothing music is a great way to remain energetic throughout the day and enjoy good sleep. Music has a powerful effect on the brain and can instantly boost your mood and well-being.
- Use peppermint: The aromatic smell of peppermint stimulates the trigeminal nerve, which in turn makes you more alert and energetic. You can put a few drops of peppermint on the handkerchief and inhale the smell. You can even drink a cup of peppermint tea.
- Gulp a glass of water: At times dehydration contributes to fatigue. In such a situation what you need to do is drink few glasses of water to keep your body hydrated and to keep you feeling perky.
- Snack on nuts: Choose energy boosting snacks like nuts for instant energy. Nuts aren’t just packed with protein, but they are a great source of the mineral magnesium, which is responsible for breaking down glucose into energy.
- Breathe deeply: When you practice deep breathing, a larger amount of oxygen reaches the brain, keeping you more alert. Take a deep breath to the count of four, hold for four seconds, and then exhale for four seconds. Repeat several times.
- Sip green tea: Often people drink coffee to feel energetic. Coffee may boost your energy in the short term, but will leave you feeling even lower later. Instead of coffee, try green tea or any other kind of herbal tea, which will boost your energy as well as your metabolism.
- Take a cold shower: Next time when your feel lethargic, take a cold shower. A cold shower will stimulate your body and mind and make you more alert. If you don’t have time to take a shower, splash some cold water on your face for a similar energy boost.
- Enjoy a good laugh: Laughter is one of the best energy boosters. A good laugh will trigger the release of feel good chemicals called endorphins. It will also boost immunity and help your body regenerate more healthful cells over time.
- Play with your pet: Studies show that playing or stroking a pet stimulated the release of ‘feel good’ hormones serotonin and oxytocin. So, its time to play with your favorite pet and soon your mood will be better and you will feel energetic.
- Chewing gum: When you are struggling hard to keep your eyes open and you are feeling very lethargic, try chewing a gum in mint or peppermint flavor. This will instantly increase alertness and improve mood. However, for health benefits, you must try to choose sugar free gums.
Next time, when you need a boost of energy don’t reach out for coffee or chocolate bar. Just follow the above mentioned tips to feel energetic and good mood.