Everywhere people are taking about health and fitness. Fitness and heath go hand in hand with your lifestyle. In fact, staying fit is very important or else you may end up suffering from many health problems and that too at an early age.
If you wish to lose body weight, look good, feel stronger, and enjoy better skin and hair, you need to make effort to stay fit. Also by remaining fit today you can save a multitude of medical problems and bills in the long run. To remain fit, simple changes in your regular lifestyle is very essential.
Here are 14 effective and easy ways to stay fit and healthy without breaking the bank.
- Check your food habits: It has never been more important to watch what you are eating as the foods you consume have a direct impact on your fitness level. First of all do not skip breakfast and eat five to six small meals throughout the day. Instead of munching on fast foods, try to include more fruits and vegetables in your diet plan. Also include dry fruits, poultry items and dairy products in your menu.
- Know what to order when you go out: While at home you can easily prepare healthy dishes. But when you go for lunch and dinner you need to be very careful at what you are ordering. Avoid the breadbasket and instead try some soup or salad. There is also no need to order a sugary drink or dessert when you can order fruit juices or a less sugary dessert.
- Think before ordering your drink: When you are partying with friends and family members, be very careful about what you are drinking. First of all try to avoid cocktails at any cost as such drinks are high in sugar content. If you feel like drinking, red wine is the best as it has the lowest sugar content. You can even drink vodka but remember to order it with soda.
- Eat smartly: To remain fit, you need to add flexibility to your diet plan. There is no need to eat at a particular time of the day only. Instead eat when you are hungry, and don’t overeat. Make sure that on the whole your food composes of plenty of fruits and vegetables, proteins, good fats and whole grains, and don’t forget to enjoy your food.
- Get sufficient rest: It has never been more important to watch whether you are sleeping properly to keep yourself fit and healthy. Taking rest and enjoying a sound sleep of six to eight hours is essential. When you sleep your body resets and refreshes. By getting the proper amount of sleep you can even improve your health by reducing stress and inflammation and can maintain body weight. To ensure adequate sleep you need to practice good bedtime hygiene.
- Take regular breaks: Rest and relaxation and general time out for your self is very essential when it comes to good health and well being. So, avoid working for hours at a stress and try to take regular breaks of ten minutes several times in a day. Also make a conscious effort to take a vacation or leave work early, as unless you get enough rest, all of your other efforts will be in vain.
- Avoid stress: Think stress as your biggest enemy as it can be the only reason behind many health problems. Also when you are in stress you do not feel like enjoying the things around you. Plus, stress can undo most of you efforts towards a sustainable healthy lifestyle and it is important to manage stress well. When stress becomes a regular thing in your life, do not delay in taking help from a professional.
- Give importance to exercise: Always think of exercise as an essential part of your lifestyle. The benefits of regular exercise are abundant that cannot be neglected. With regular physical exercise, it will be easier to keep the body organs active and enjoy better digestion and ideal body weight. To remain fit, just enjoy half an hour of walk in the park or do some gardening or take stairs.
- Add flexibility to your workouts: There is no need to stick to your age-old habit of running everyday to stay fit. You can mix up your workouts and add strength training and weights to become leaner, fitter, and stronger. Be flexible and open-minded when it comes to new workouts and be ready to change it when required. In case you are not sure regarding what type of physical exercises you need to do, take help from an instructor.
- Drink more water: Many people make the mistake of not drinking enough water throughout the day. Well, it is very essential to drink water throughout the day as it helps to flush out waste products and toxins from inside your body. Less consumption of water can cause dehydration leading to tiredness, low energy, and headaches. You must drink about eight to ten glasses of water every day.
- Enjoy fresh air: A steady supply of fresh air that is full of oxygen is one of the secrets behind a fit body. Fresh air provides you with a steady supply of oxygen which is essential for each and every cell in the body. So, take a break, come out in the open area to enjoy fresh air. When more clean air is inhaled, it improves the breathing technique which in turn increases stamina. So every morning, take out half an hour to enjoy fresh air as well as the beautiful nature.
- Get some natural sunlight: Vitamin D is essential to remain healthy and sunlight is the best source of vitamin D. So, try to spend some time outside under the sun to provide your body with the much needed vitamin D which helps to fight cancer, regulate your mood, allow you to sleep better and increase your energy level. Try to go outside in the sun during early morning and late afternoon. This way your body will not get much exposed to harsh UV rays of the sun. Also never forget to apply some sunscreen on your exposed body parts in order to avoid suntan.
- Follow good hygienic habits: To remain fit and improve your health, it is essential to practice good hygienic habits. Some important hygienic habits include taking a bath daily; washing your hands thoroughly after coming into contact with a sick person, using the bathroom, or anything else that could make you sick. Try to brush your teeth and tongue at least twice daily to reduce plaque and harmful bacteria from your mouth that can cause various oral problems.
- Regular health checkups: You must not fear to consult a doctor in case of any kind of health problems. Even if you are healthy and do not have any health problem, then also you need to undergo preventive screenings. By keeping a close eye on your blood pressure level, cholesterol level, heart rate, body mass index and waist circumference, you can reduce your risk of many health problems. The preventive tests do not take much time and are basically painless. Regularly go for health checkups in every six months.
With these simple steps, you can easily change your lifestyle into a much healthier one and remain fit for years.