It is the wish of every person to have beautiful, soft, supple and resilient skin. But in reality very few people are blessed with flawless skin. For flawless skin, it is important to follow a strict skin care regimen. The good news is that taking care of your skin does not have to be an expensive or time-consuming endeavor. For taking proper care for your skin it may take a few extra minutes daily, but the benefits are worth investing your valuable time.
Follow a good and healthy skin care regimen that goes well with your skin type and suits your daily routine and reap the benefits of having flawless skin for years to come!
Here are 14 steps to help you enjoy flawless skin throughout the year:
- Before following any skin care regimen you need to know about your skin type. Skin can be categorized into normal, dry, oily, mature and sensitive. When you are sure about your skin type, it will become easier for you to choose the right products that will suit your skin type. Wrong products that don’t suit your skin type can hugely damage your skin.
- According to your skin type you need to have some basic skin care products such as a cleanser, moisturizer, scrub, and make-up remover. In case you have any kind of doubt, you can consult a beautician or anyone who have some knowledge about skin care products. Also at times you may have to try more than one product to find out which suits your better. It is also advisable to invest in high quality products rather than cheap ones. When it comes to your skin, you simply cannot compromise on quality.
- Cleansing should be a part of your skin care regimen as it will helps to remove oil, dirt and dust from your skin. At least twice a day you need to cleanse your face, once in the morning and later aging before going to bed. Gently apply the cleanser in circular motions. Allow the cleanser to work for about five to ten minutes, and then carefully wash the cleanser off, and pat dry your face with a clean towel. When you wash your face properly it will remain free from dirt, oil and dust and will make your skin clearer, lighter and cause less spots.
- Use a quality moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated from outside and to protect it from harmful elements from the environment. Apply moisturizer all over your face using gentle, circular motions, and allow it to penetrate deep inside the skin. This step is very essential for those having dry skin. However, those having oily skin should apply a moisturizer in moderation. Along with moisturizer, everyone should use sunscreen daily to keep the skin safe from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun.
- Exfoliating your skin once in a while is essential to remove dead skin cells and reveal new skin. Regular exfoliating will produce a brighter, rosier complexion. There are two basic ways to exfoliate: physical or chemical. You can exfoliate with a scrub or a buffing pad once or twice a week. While exfoliating never treat the skin too roughly and try to be as gentle as possible. Use of right exfoliating product and technique can improve the texture and tone of your skin.
- Those having oily skin should use an alcohol-based toner to get rid of the oil from their skin surface. There is no need to use a toner on daily basis. You need to use a toner whenever you feel your skin is becoming oily. When you use a toner, the pores on your skin will immediately appear smaller and it will also balance the skin pH level.
- If you wish to have healthy and glowing skin, it is highly advisable to use as little make-up as possible. Shop for make-up products having less chemical ingredients in it or simply go for herbal products. Skip the heavy make-up products such as foundation as it can clog the pores on your skin and cause pimples. Also never forget to remove all the makeup and dirt from your skin at the end of the end. Before going to bed apply a light moisturizer.
- Diet plays a huge role in how healthy your body and skin will be. You must also follow a healthy diet plan so that your body gets all the essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, and iron and so on. Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy products, good fat and whole grains. It is recommended to eat organic food products. Stay away from sugary food, red meat, alcoholic drinks, coffee, vinegar, pickles and white-flour products as such products can cause inflammation, dry skin, eczema and acne.
- For healthy skin, it is also important to keep your body well hydrated. By staying hydrated, you can enjoy healthy, supple and moist skin. Dehydration can make your skin dry, itchy and flaky. To keep your body hydrated you need to drink eight to ten glasses of pure and alkaline water on daily basis. Water will help in flushing toxins out of your body and will also help to get rid of marks, scars and others spots from your skin. It is a good idea to drink a glass or two of filtered water on an empty stomach daily in the morning. Throughout the day you can drink water along with fresh fruit juice, coconut water or vegetable juice.
- Regular physical exercise is also very essential to enjoy a healthy body and glowing skin. Take out at least half an hour from your busy schedule and do some stretching, yoga, and short cardio circuit training. Such exercise will improve the blood circulation of your body and will keep your skin nourished, healthy, and vibrant. Also exercise will keep you energized throughout the day.
- For healthy skin you need to follow a healthy lifestyle. Try to keep yourself stress free as and stress is never good for your skin and it can lead to various health problems. Take time every day to relax and do something you really enjoy such as reading a book, listening to music, spending time with family, cooking and so on. At the end of the day you need to give your body some rest. Sleep for at least eight hours every night.
- It is also essential to maintain hygiene at home and office. Keep your surroundings clean to enjoy healthy skin. Living in a dirty and unhygienic place can make you ill. When you are ill, no matter how much you try your skin will not look healthy. It is important to change your beddings at least every week or twice a week as sleeping on dirty beddings can cause spots on your skin. Also you must wear clean clothes.
- Keep your hair out of your face. The oil from your hair when come in contact with the sensitive skin of your face can lead to acne, blemishes, pimples, age spots and other skin related problems. Keep your hair tied or use a hair band to keep your hair pushed back and out of your face. Also you need to wash your hair regularly to keep them clean and free from oil and dirt.
- In case if you are having spots, pimples or blemishes, you must avoid touching it with dirty hands. Also don’t keep popping your spots as it can lead to dark scars and marks on your face and it will be very difficult for you to get rid of them. You can correct skin blemishes or other concerns with the help of simple and easy home treatments. If you think the skin problem is getting worse consult a doctor immediately.
To conclude, with the above mentioned simple steps you can easily enjoy flawless skin. Remember that you need to follow a skin care regimen religiously and without any fail. Also you need to have patience as nothing will reflect on your skin in a day or two after following the skin care routine. Each and every step of a skin care routine will need time and consistent use to show positive results on your skin.